FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER – Birstall
- Contract Permanent
- Department Aftersales
- Closing Date 31/03/24
We Are Recruiting
Are you looking for a career – not just a job?
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
JCB FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
The ideal candidate will have experience servicing plant equipment within industrial and/or construction applications, and possess a full clean driving licence. A good working knowledge of hydraulics, engines, electrics and fault diagnosis are essential, with main dealer experience a distinct advantage.
In return, we offer excellent working conditions, and a good remuneration package together with training and development.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To diagnose faults, repair and test equipment. Record work done and report any faults not corrected
- A degree of flexibility is required towards working hours, as there is a requirement to work outside of normal working hours.
INDIVIDUAL KEY OBJECTIVES
- Receive electronic (written and verbal) instructions in the form of a handheld PDA, in the event of breakdown
- Undertake comprehensive risk assessments and ensure safe working practices are in place, whilst undertaking work.
- To diagnose faults and report to Supervisor/ Manager for instructions as to whether to proceed with repair
- Ensure that all work is completed within specified time frames
- Maintain acceptable levels of quality
- Identify and then liaise with Supervisor/ Manager where extra work is found to be necessary
- Ensure that full authority is obtained before undertaking any extra work
- Ensure that safety standards are maintained
- Ensure all due care is given to the customer’s property
- Ensure all due care is given to TCH company property
- To obtain the necessary parts from stores
- To effect repair and testing in a timely manner
- To accurately complete and sign off on all job cards (electronic or written), give a full description of the work carried out
- Maintain acceptable standards of discipline
- Advise supervisor when completion times cannot be met
- Where necessary, discuss vehicle concerns direct with customer
- Achieving minimum standards (set by Manager/Supervisor) of customer satisfaction